Please refer to this page for a current version and any discussion of this script.
Here's a script for the OPML Editor to upload a changed OPML file to the FTP server of your choice.
Simply add this script to the afterUpload callbacks table of your dotOpmlData database (1) and add the following variables to the prefs table of your dotOpmlData database. (2)
- ftpDomain -- Your FTP server, i.e., "ftp.your-server.com"
- ftpPassword -- After you enter your FTP password, you can change it to a binary type to obfuscate it a little, but realize that it is easily "decoded" and will be transmitted "in the clear" via FTP by this script. It's just as secure as the password you use to log in to the OPML server -- in other words, not very secure.
- ftpRemotePath -- This is the subdirectory on your FTP server where you want the OPML files saved.
- ftpUsername -- Your FTP username.
- Download the ftpUpstream script and open it in the OPML Editor. You should be prompted for the location of the script -- just select "OK" and it should be imported automatically.
- In the OPML Editor, select "dotOpmlData.root" from the "Window" menu. This opens the dotOpmlData database. Expand the dotOpmlData table, and add these variables to the prefs table.